Recuva is one of the most popular on the market freeware portable undelete utilities. It was developed by Piriform LTD, London-based private software development company, famous also by the most popular utilities as CCleaner and Defraggler.
Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players. It will even bring back files that have been deleted by bugs, crashes and viruses!
- Simple to use interface - just click ’Scan’ and choose the files you want to recover
- Easy to use filter for results based on file name/type
- Simple Windows like interface with List and Tree view
- Can be run from a USB thumb drive
- Restores all types of files, office documents, images, video, music, email, anything.
- Supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 , NTFS + EFS file systems
- Restores files from removable media (SmartMedia, Secure Digital, MemoryStick, Digital cameras, Floppy disks, Jaz Disks, Sony Memory Sticks, Compact Flash cards, Smart Media Cards, Secure Digital Cards, etc.)
- Restores files from external ZIP drives , Firewire and USB Hard drives
- It’s fast, tiny and takes seconds to run!
Direct Downloading Link (with Install/Uninstall): http://www.ziddu.com/download/2822711/rcsetup121.exe.html
Direct Downloading Link (Portable): http://www.ziddu.com/download/2822753/rcsetup121_portable.zip.html
Recuva carries the top score 5 of 5 on the RateItAll Rating List of 22 Freeware Data Recovery Utilities.