Macrium Reflect software offers one of the fastest disk imaging solution, available as a free edition on the market. It is indeed absolutely free for personal use, with no strings attached. Authors claim that it is the only free XP, Vista and Windows 7 compatible disk imaging software with BartPE and Linux based recovery options.
- Create a disk image whilst running Windows using Microsoft Volume Shadow copy Service (VSS).
- Image to Network, USB, FireWire drives and DVD.
- Built in scheduler.
- 32 bit and native 64 bit versions.
- Industry leading compression levels and speed.
- Linux based Rescue CD with Network access and full GUI. Only 6.5MB in size!
- Built in CD/DVD packet writing engine. Supports packet writing to DVD DL media with Windows Vista.
- HTML log files.
Latest Version: v4.2.2952
Date: 28 September 2010
File Size: 31.4MB
Windows OS supported: XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32 and native 64 Bit).
Note: The installation file contains both 32 and 64 bit versions of Macrium Reflect. The correct version will be automatically installed on your PC.
Developers Website: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp
Screenshots (click to enlarge):