WebBrowserPassView is a password recovery tool that reveals the passwords stored by the following Web browsers: Internet Explorer (Version 4.0 - 9.0), Mozilla Firefox (All Versions), Google Chrome, Safari, and Opera. This tool can be used to recover your lost/forgotten password of any Website, including popular Web sites, like Facebook, Yahoo, Google, and GMail, as long as the password is stored by your Web Browser.
After retrieving your lost passwords, you can save them into text/html/csv/xml file, by using the 'Save Selected Items' option (Ctrl+S).
The utility is portable and does not required installation on your hard drive. To work with Chrome and Opera portable versions, go to 'options' and set the location of the portable browser folder. Select the user data folder in Chrome, and wand.dat for Opera.
System Requirements and Limitations
- This utility works on any version of Windows, starting from Windows 2000, and up to Windows 7, including 64-bit systems. Older versions of Windows (Windows 98/ME) are not supported, because this utility is a Unicode application.
- Currently, WebBrowserPassView cannot retrieve the passwords if they are encrypted with a master password. Support for master password will probably be added in future versions.
- Currently, WebBrowserPassView cannot retrieve passwords from external hard-drive. Support for that might be added in future versions.
- On Internet Explorer 7.0-9.0, the passwords are encrypted with the URL of the Web site, so WebBrowserPassView uses the history file of Internet Explorer to decrypt the passwords. If you clear the history of Internet Explorer, WebBrowserPassView won't be able to decrypt the passwords.
- On Google Chrome - passwords originally imported from Internet Explorer 7.0-9.0, cannot be decrypted.
WebBrowserPassView doesn't require any installation process or additional DLL files. In order to start using it, simply run the executable file - WebBrowserPassView.exe
After running it, the main window of WebBrowserPassView displays the list of all Web browser passwords found in your system. You can select one or more passwords and then copy the list to the clipboard (Ctrl+C) or export them into text/xml/html/csv file (Ctrl+S).
False Virus/Trojan Warning
WebBrowserPassView is a tool that retrieves secret passwords stored in your system, and thus your Antivirus may falsely detect this tool is infected with Trojan/Virus.
Direct Downloading Link: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/webbrowserpassview.zip