FreeUndelete restores deleted files, including those removed from Windows Recycle Bin. In case of accidental removal of files on a NTFS (default for Windows Vista, XP, 2000 and NT), FAT32 or FAT16 file systems this is the utility to help.
Supported file systems: NTFS, FAT32 and FAT16
The recovered files are saved into a new location to prevent overwriting the deleted files on the original media.
FreeUndelete is free for personal use. There is no charge, direct or hidden, to download and use a fully functional copy of the program. The program does not install any spyware or adware along with it. It does not populate user’s desktop with pop-up ads or forcefully subscribe user to mailing lists.
A deleted file is essentially an area on disk designated as free and ready to accept data (such as contents of some other file). Luckily, unless the area has already been overwritten, it still holds the contents of the deleted file. Due to this fact it is possible to undelete files.
This fact also dictates the following procedure for using FreeUndelete:
- Stop any activity on the disk you are going to undelete files from! Remember that writing to that disk can damage the contents of the deleted files. Examples of disastrous activity include: copying files to the disk, installing programs there or running programs that use the disk as their swap media.
- Download and install FreeUndelete. Whenever possible, save the setup executable and install the program to a disk that does not hold files you need to undelete.
- Run and use FreeUndelete.
- File systems supported: NTFS 1.0, NTFS 2.0, FAT32, FAT16
- Operating systems supported: Windows XP, 2000, NT 4 (SP2 or higher required), Windows 2003 Server
- Easy to use, no special user skills required
- Full install/uninstall support
- Does not support Windows 98, Windows 98SE and Windows ME
- Utility is not portable, and should be installed on any of your disks.
- Operating system: Windows 2000, XP, Vista or 2003 Server
- RAM: 128 MB
- Hard Disk: minimum 10 MB of free space required for installation
- Display: 640 x 480 or higher resolution, 256 colors
Developers website: http://officerecovery.com/freeundelete/
Direct downloading link: http://www.ziddu.com/download/3368351/freeundelete.exe.html