Hard disk bad sector is the most common problem and the disk is not safe to store data any longer. Bad sector will cause the important data loss and blue screen error sometimes, and even slow disk space. Macrorit Disk Scanner is a third party disk surface portable tool for scan disk bad sectors which provides you with better options and better performance than Windows native disk scanner.
With the fastest algorithm, this disk scanner free software usually could reach to the maximum speed that supported by the device. It is compatible with all recent versions of Microsoft Windows - both client and server, and supports major storage device types such as IDE and SATA HDD and SSD, SCSI, FireWire, hardware RAID, flash cards and a lot more.
* Support to check and scan whole disk, partition, free space.
* Support to select/specify a part of disk/partition to scan only.
* Support to automatically shut down computer while finish scanning.
* Scan result will be automatically saved in the specified location.
* Scan disk with super-fast speed.
* Mark healthy sectors in green and errors in red.
* Small portable tool, 100% clean, safe, no spyware, no adware, no virus.
* Force to shut down or stop scanning process is supported. NO harm for computer.
* Supported Storage Devices: DE HDD, SATA HDD, SCSI HDD, FireWire HDD, SSD, USB HDD, External HDD, Hardware RAID, Floppy drive, USB flash drive, Compact flash card, Secure Digital card, Memory card/Memory stick, Micro card, Zip drive, IPod, Other storage devices
* Supported OSs: Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, SBS 2003, 2008, 2011,2012, Home Server 2011 & Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 (Both 32& 64 bit)
How to scan disk/partition/specified location bad Sector?
* Install and launch the Macrorit Disk Scanner (or just launch a portable edition), choose the disk you want to check.
* If you need to scan disk with custom check range, click the button “scan area” to specify the location.
* Click “Start Now”, Macrorit Disk Scanner can start checking the bad sectors. Healthy sectors will be marked in green and the ones with errors will be marked as red.
* If you insert a new disk, click the “Reload disk” button, Macrorit Disk Scanner will update the disk partition information.
* If you choose the “Automatic shutdown after scan”, Macrorit Disk Scanner will prompt you to save the scan log path, the system will automatically shut down after the scan is completed, and automatically save the scan log.
* In the process, you can click “stop now” to interrupt the current operation at any time.