AceBackup is a freeware data backup software program which available to download and use for free of charge. The software developed by AceBIT GmbH. The program provides solution for data backup and restore task. It offers two types of backup project: AceBackup archive (this option will allow user to compress and encrypt backup file) and AceBackup backup (for regularly backup specific file or folder on PC or remote FTP). Software offer several types of data encryption: Rijndael 128 bit, Rijndael 192 bit, Rijndael 256 bit, Blowfish 128 bit and Triple-DES 128bit. There are also multiple compression levels available: None, Fastest, Default and Best.
is a user-friendly and powerful data-protection tool for your computer or local network. You can store data on FTP servers as well as on local storage devices (HDD, FDD, ZIP, JAZZ, MO or USB drives, folders in LAN and also recordable CD/DVD) with only a few mouse clicks. You can back up your data automatically using the integrated scheduler. In only a few steps, you can back up or restore your confidential data. You can also restore files in the original folder or in any other folder after a crash disaster. AceBackup saves several versions of similar files and has a filter for file extensions to store specific file types. The easy-to-use Explorer-like interface makes it easy to protect your data at different compression levels.
- Backup function backs up your data 1:1
- Archive function backs up your data to any folders you like
- Backup project can contain several volumes with different targets
- Back up on your local any desired storage device – hard disk, floppy disk, CD, DVD, USB, network or directly on FTP servers.
- Back up your data from the Windows Explorer
- Different compression levels
- Use of several encryption algorithms for secure backups
- AS-IS backups: backups are created without encryption and compression and can be restored at any time even without AceBackup
- Backup of several versions of one file in order to have older versions if the file was changed by accident.
- Scheduler to back up data automatically
- New project wizard
- Import wizard
- Verify project wizard
- Determination of external applications that should be executed before or/and after backing up
- Detailed logs and notifications by email
- Smart restore function to restore missing or older items
Screenshots (click to enlarge):
- Operating system: Windows® 98 or later (XP, Vista etc) or Windows NT® 4.0 with Service Pack 6 or later.
- 400 MHz Intel Pentium II processor or later
- 512 MB RAM or more
- 15 MB of free hard disk space
Latest version: Build 3.0.0 from April 17, 2009