Boot Repair Disk is an Open Source Rescue Disk that computer professionals keep as a part of the computers recovery toolbox. This disk…
* is running automatically Boot-Repair rescue tool at computer start-up
* contains the OS-Uninstaller and Boot-Info tools.
* repairs more recent (UEFI) computers as well as old PCs
The main features of the utility:
* Very easy-to-use (repair can be performed in 1 click!)
* Free (GPL open-source license)
* Helpful (Boot-Info summary to get help by email or on your favorite forum)
* Safe (automatic backups)
* Can recover access to Windows (XP, Vista, Seven).
* Can recover access to Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora, OpenSuse, ArchLinux...
* Can recover access to any OS (Windows, MacOS, Linux...) if your PC contains Debian, Ubuntu or derivative.
* Can repair MBR-locked OEM computer boot if the original bootsector has been saved by Clean-Ubiquity
* Can repair the boot when you have the "GRUB Recovery" error message
* Options to reinstall GRUB2 bootloader easily (OS by default, purge, unhide, kernel options..)
* And much more! (UEFI, RAID, LVM, Wubi, filesystem repair...)
How to use:
(1) Download Boot-Repair-Disk, selecting the 32-bit or 64-bit version, based on your OS: https://sourceforge.net/projects/boot-repair-cd/files/
(2) Burn it on a live-USB key via Rufus or Unetbootin. Do not burn it on CD/DVD if your PC came with Windows 8.
(3) Insert the Boot-Repair-Disk and reboot the PC,
(4) Choose your language,
(5) Connect internet if possible
(6) Click "Recommended repair"
(7) Reboot the pc --> solves the majority of bootsector/GRUB/MBR problems