ClamAV is an open source antivirus engine for detecting trojans, viruses, malware & other malicious threats. Clam AntiVirus is an anti-virus toolkit for UNIX, designed especially for e-mail scanning on mail gateways. It provides a number of utilities including a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon, a command line scanner and advanced tool for automatic database updates. The core of the package is an anti-virus engine available in a form of shared library.
ClamAV includes a multi-threaded scanner daemon, command line utilities for on demand file scanning and automatic signature updates.
ClamAV supports multiple file formats, file and archive unpacking, and multiple signature languages.
ClamAV also available for Windows as the result of a partnership between Immunet Corporation (http://www.immunet.com) and Sourcefire, Inc. (http://www.sourcefire.com). It is designed to provide the ClamAV community with a free Windows-specific Anti-Virus (AV) solution using an advanced Cloud-based protection mechanism.
Smallest of all AV-applications: only 3.45MB download-file (32bit).
You can use ClamAV for Windows as a stand-alone, host-based AV solution, or in conjunction with your pre-installed AV solution to provide enhanced detection for the latest malware threats.
* Command-line scanner
* Milter interface for sendmail
* Advanced database updater with support for scripted updates and digital signatures
* Virus database updated multiple times per day
* Built-in support for all standard mail file formats
* Built-in support for various archive formats, including Zip, RAR, Dmg, Tar, Gzip, Bzip2, OLE2, Cabinet, CHM, BinHex, SIS and others
* Built-in support for ELF executables and Portable Executable files packed with UPX, FSG, Petite, NsPack, wwpack32, MEW, Upack and obfuscated with SUE, Y0da Cryptor and others
* Built-in support for popular document formats including MS Office and MacOffice files, HTML, Flash, RTF and PDF
Immunet (ClamAV Windows AV) Main Features* Fast Antivirus: Won't slow down your PC
* Real-time, Cloud-based Detection: NO virus updates required
* Small Footprint: Low disk and memory use
* Extra Layer of Protection: Compatible with existing antivirus
* Community-based: Protect your closest contacts
* Strength in Numbers: Powered by Collective Immunity
ClamAV Website: http://www.clamav.net/index.html
Immunet Website: http://www.immunet.com/free/index.html