MBRtool is a freeware DOS program designed to backup, restore and manipulate your hard disk MBR. While MBRtool is not an automatic recovery program, it will allow users to prevent data loss (due to MBR corruption) by backing up the MBR, and offers power users all the power they’ll ever need to ’mess’ with their MBR.
* Backup, verify and restore the MBR
* Backup, restore, wipe and clean track 0
* Edit or blank the MBR partition table
* Refresh, remove MBR boot code
* Write MBR signature bytes
* Display MBR to screen or dump to file
- Do all this for either the original MBR or backups
* Create ’blank’ backup files
* Change partition attributes (active, hidden)
* Manipulate NT/2000/XP disk admin signature
Developers Website: http://www.diydatarecovery.nl/mbrtool.htm
Direct Downloading Link: http://www.ziddu.com/download/3075723/MBRtool.zip.html
MBRtool can be run from the command line or from the MBRtool menu.
New: the MBRtool installer now includes an easy to use boot diskette builder that will assist you in creating a diskette or bootable CD/DVD.