Though Microsoft is doing the best that it can to certify certain applications and help ensure that any installations on a Windows machine are bundled with a proper uninstallation process, you will never be able to ensure the unneeded program removal will be clean and smooth. Certain antivirus applications are notorious for this sort of behavior of leaving numerous traces on the computer HDD and registry even after they are properly uninstalled. While there are some especially hard to deal programs, the majority of the standard removal utilities leave tons of leftovers on your PC, dealing with regular problems removals.
GeekUninstaller will help you to get rid of the unwanted components, performing deep and fast scanning and removing all leftovers. Apply Force Removal for stubborn and broken programs and improve the computer performance, functionality, and operational speed.
* Geek Uninstaller is a software uninstaller that offers several advantages over the standard Windows software uninstall applet. It comes with a no-nonsense GUI that lets you view and sort all installed programs and provides right-click options to access registry keys, installation folder and web resources.
* When you uninstall a software, Geek Uninstaller will automatically check if any registry keys, files or folders where left behind and offer you to remove them.
* Option to force-remove a program (e.g. in case the standard uninstaller does not work).
* GeekUninstaller is completely portable and requires no hard installation itself. You can toss it in a Dropbox folder or on a flash drive and it will work anywhere.
* Single EXE runs flawlessly on both 32 and 64-bit Windows 7/8/XP/Vista. When running on x64 Windows GeekUninstaller is running as a native 64-bit application.
* The interface supports multiple languages.
* Right-clicking on one of the applications in the list will bring up a list of commands. This is the main function of GeekUninstaller. As you can see, there are plenty of options available.
* Uninstall… will bring up the prompt to uninstall the application through what is offered by the program itself. This is often referred to as a clean or soft uninstall.
* Force Removal can be used for those sticky programs that leave behind tracks, or do not even include an uninstallation process.
* Remove Entry will simply remove an application from this list without uninstalling it.
* Registry Entry will bring up RegEdit to show you the registry data of an application.
* Installation Folder will bring up the application’s folder in Windows Explorer.
* Google for offers suggestions based on the program’s name and author’s name so that you can pull up more information on it by Google.
Some programs even have the Program Website option, which will take you to the website where it should have been downloaded from. Additionally, you can even export this list to an HTML file to keep records.
Based on the experts’ evaluation, GeekUninstaller performance is compatible with the Revo Uninstaller, which is considered as a leader in this software group category.
Free version limitations:
* Software to be used for personal use only
* No technical support
* Supported OS: Windows 7/8/8.1/XP/Vista/2003/2008
* Requires administrator permissions
Downloading link: http://www.geekuninstaller.com/geek.zip
Developer: Thomas Koen