Just think, how most of the unwanted malicious utilities (viruses, Trojans, malware, keyloggers, etc.) get to your computer. There are the two primary sources: Internet and network contaminants, and portable data storage devices. Since most of the portable data storage devices are USB-based, would not that be nice if we can safeguard the computer from any danger, coming with the attached portable devices, like external or thumb drives?
Free USB Guard is an ultimate freeware utility, helping to protect USB drives from viruses, malware, spyware, Trojans and scripts. It is lightweight, not demanding any significant resources and can be used with your real-time antivirus software at the same time. It is not a valid replacement for the antivirus utility you have, but it provides reliable additional protection to prevent your USB and computer from dangerous infection.
- It assures 100% protection on offline computers and almost 100% on online computers with regular antivirus installed.
- Lightweight, doesn't slow system performance.
- Doesn't conflict with other antivirus programs.
- Absolutely Free, and doesn't require any formal registration. No strings attached or trial gimmicks.
- No Updates needed, it can detect latest viruses without their proper definitions, just by detecting the dangerous code traces.
- The software is in the early stages of development, and more useful features will be implemented in the further releases, like USB Lock.
Direct Download: http://www.ziddu.com/download/16494996/USBGuardSetup.exe.html