Comodo’s free antivirus might be considered as a valid replacement for security commercial products. It comes with a number of attractive features not normally seen in a free product, allowing you to get rid your computer of viruses, malware, Trojans, worms, hackers, and other Internet threats fast and easily.
Features of this anti virus software include:
- Individual computer and network protection – yes, despite it's being free, Comodo AV can be used in a network environment to protect servers and client PCs, as well as being able to scan across network drives and folders.
- On Access Scanning – Real-time protection against virus infection.
- On Demand Scanning – Check a file, disk or folder for possible infection before use.
- HIPS Protection – Host Intrusion Prevention System enables users to prevent and stop malicious spyware and malware from being installed or executed.
- Removable Device Scanning – Check through all known sources of infection from add-in peripherals such as CDs, DVDs, USB Sticks and even your cell phone.
- Incremental Scanning – Allows faster scans by ignoring files and folders marked as ‘safe.’
- Heuristic Detection – Identifies unknown viruses by analyzing behavior patterns of software code.
- Process Monitoring – Continually scans memory resident applications and processes.
- Email Scanning – Scans both incoming and outgoing email and attachments.
- Worm Blocker - protection against worm programs that attempt to duplicate themselves by sending mass mailings to your contact list.
- Compressed File Scans – Can scan within compressed file formats such as .RAR and .ZIP.
- Daily Updates – Automated daily updates of the virus signature database.
- Unique "slider" to easily change your current security level – You can change the behavior of AntiVirus to reflect your security preferences at any given time
- Quarantine Files – Quarantine suspicious files so they cannot run.
- Safe List – Create a customized safe list of programs and files installed to speed up scans.
- Full Reports – Comprehensive logs and results of all anti-virus scans performed.
- Scan Scheduling – Choose when to update your virus definitions and antivirus scans.
- File Submission – Submit suspicious files to Comodo Labs for analysis.
- Easy to use and user-friendly interface.
- WinXP or Windows Vista Home Premium or Windows 7.0
- 64 MB RAM / 70 MB hard disk space
Download the latest software version of the product from manufacturer Website: