Spybot - S&D (Search and Destroy) is an adware and spyware detection and removal tool. This includes removal of certain advertising components, which may gather statistics as well as detection of various keylogging and other spy utilities. In addition, it also securely removes PC and Internet usage tracks, including browser history, temporary pages, cookies (with option to keep selected) and more.
SpyBot produces a detailed and easy to understand report before it deletes any files and allows you to deselect any item that you do not want to be processed. In addition, a recovery feature allows you to restore your settings if needed.
Note that even if you don't see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging.
Spybot-S&D can start in two modes: Easy mode for new users who want just the basic features, and Advanced mode for professional users and those who want more control. Both modes are available in the free version.
Main features in default mode:
- Removal of adware and spyware.
- Removal of dialers.
- Removal of keyloggers.
- Removal of trojans.
- Removal of usage tracks.
- User-extendable database.
- Save removal of threats by shredding them.
- Backups of every removed problem.
- Permanent blocking of threatening ActiveX downloads.
- Permanent blocking of known tracking cookies for IE.
- Permanent blocking of threating downloads in IE.
- Command line parameters to automate tasks.
- Detailed information about problems found.
- Strict criteria to define targets.
- Integrated update function.
- Weekly updates.
- Update notification by mail.
- Easy to use interface.
- Multi-language support.
The efficiency of the utility is moderate, as any other similar freeware anti-malware programs. It should be used in conjunction with several other utilities to reach sterile cleanness on your computer.
Access program website for reviewing additional information and utility downloading: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html.
Spybot - Search & Destroy - Video Tutorial