WinMerge is an Open Source computer optimization utility, design for efficient differencing and merging files for Windows. WinMerge can compare both folders and files, presenting differences in a visual text format that is easy to understand and handle.
You got multiple versions of what you hope are the same file through the years?
You want to check a downloaded data for errors?
You want to merge changes from one version of a document to another?
Or do you want to check two entire folders to make sure their contents are exactly the same?
WinMerge does it all. It’s incredibly useful for bit-level change detection, or for fast and quality validation that local and remote folders (and their contents) are synced correctly.
* Supports Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8/2012
* Handles Windows, Unix and Mac text file formats
* Unicode support
* Tabbed interface
* Visual differencing and merging of text files
* Flexible editor with syntax highlighting, line numbers and word-wrap
* Highlights differences inside lines
* Difference pane shows current difference in two vertical panes
* Location pane shows map of files compared
* Moved lines detection
* Regular Expression based file filters allow excluding and including items
* Fast compare using file sizes and dates
* Compares one folder or includes all subfolders
* Can show folder compare results in a tree-style view
* Creates patch files (Normal-, Context- and Unified formats)
* Resolve conflict files
* Rudimentary Visual SourceSafe and Rational ClearCase integration
* Shell Integration (supports 64-bit Windows versions)
* Archive file support using 7-Zip
* Plug-in support
* Localizable interface
* Online manual and installed HTML Help manual
Developers’ website: http://winmerge.org/
Direct Download (installer): http://downloads.sourceforge.net/winmerge/WinMerge-2.14.0-Setup.exe
Direct Download (portable version): http://downloads.sourceforge.net/winmerge/WinMerge-2.14.0-exe.zip