What is Ultimate Boot CD?
Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD) is a bootable CDROM for PCs, allowing users to run floppy-based diagnostic tools from most CDROM drives on Intel-compatible machines, no operating system required. The CD includes many diagnostic utilities for troubleshooting and resolving problems on your computer, managing your hard disk partitions (including creating, resizing, copying, moving, etc), imaging or cloning your hard disk partitions, resetting your forgotten password on NT, Win2k, or XP, scanning your hard disks for viruses, etc. and can also be used to provide shared internet access or browse the Web.
- Run floppy-based diagnostic tools from CDROM drives. More and more PCs are shipped without floppy drives these days, and it is such a royal pain when you need to run diagnostic tools on them.
- Free yourself from the slow loading speed of the floppy drive. Even if you do have a floppy drive, it is still much faster to run your diagnostic tools from the CDROM drive, rather than wait for the tool to load from the floppy drive.
- Consolidate as many diagnostic tools as possible into one bootable CD.
- Run Ultimate Boot CD from your USB memory stick. A script on the CD prepares your USB memory stick so that it can be used on newer machines that support booting from USB devices.
- Reset a password in windows 2000/XP.
- Diagnose a Hard Disk to test if it's still good.
- Copy a partition to a new partition on a new Hard Drive.
- Completely wipe out a Hard Disk by zeroing out all data.
- Run a plethora of memory testing utilities.
- Run a few Linux rescue disks.
- Get detailed hardware report of computer system.
- Run a virus scanner on an infected system.